With the new look school we have fantastic new catering facilities for both staff and pupils. Providing a first rate catering service is an important part of our school facilities, and we want to ensure our pupils have access to healthy food in a pleasant and friendly environment that enables a student to perform at their best.
Our Catering Team
Our catering team provide an excellent service, with food prepared freshly each day, which always very well presented, encouraging the children to eat and try foods that perhaps they have not tried before. As much as is possible is prepared freshly on-site and the fact that the majority of our children eat a school meal every day is testimony to that.
As a school we are keen to offer our children a healthy and varied diet and the Catering Team alongside the school ensure food is presented in an appetising way. Often, and to the delight of the students, special events in school are reflected in the food served in the dining room. A few examples are;
- Our annual Christmas Dinner – they always go the extra mile and provide a lunch for our whole community – staff and pupils.
- Preparing different foods from around the world so pupils experience different culinary tastes e.g. Chinese New Year, Diwali Celebrations.
- Our Annual Senior Citizens Christmas Party – each year St. Damian’s invite senior citizens from our community to our traditional Christmas party. This has always been a fantastic event and the catering team support the school by preparing the buffet.
- Shrove Tuesday – Our ‘flippin’ marvellous catering team always make a special effort each year to help our Catholic community celebrate Pancake Day. They make pancakes for our pupils.
As we all know food plays a very important part of everyone’s day and we really appreciate the catering team and all they do for everyone at St Damian’s.
Payment for School Meals
At St Damian’s we offer a cashless system for payment of school meals. We provide an alternative method of payment for parents who wish to use the internet. I am sure you will appreciate the advantages this system offers you. The system enables us to deliver a more efficient, faster service whilst offering you three different methods of payment cheques, ParentPay or cash (at the revaluation terminal points).
1. Parent Pay – You will also be able to add credit to your child’s account online via Parent Pay (which can also be used for paying for other activities such asschool trips).
2. Cheques – should be made out to ‘Carillion Service plc’, and placed into the box provided in the school Reception. It is important that you write the full Name of Pupil and Class reference on back of cheque and place in an envelope. Please be aware that this method of payment will not provide an instant credit to your child’s account. It will be dependent on the frequency the box is emptied and processed by the catering team.
3. Cash – should you wish your child to continue to bring ‘dinner money’ into school, the facility for accepting cash payments for the day or a number of days will, of course, always be available. However, all cash will have to be entered into the system prior to purchasing a lunch, by using the automatic cash revaluation terminals: pupils cannot be used to buy food directly at the dinner counters. These machines are programmed to accept notes and coins (not 5p, 2p or 1p). Please note that no cash can be accepted at the food counter ‘Till Point’.
The amount of money you ‘top up’ will be added your child’s lunch account and money spent on food will deducted from the system. Pupils can always check their balance by using the revaluation terminals . We are also able to provide you with a report detailing each item of food served,each credit made to the system, for any time period and show a current balance. There is also a daily ‘spend limit’ programmed into the system of five pounds, this can be increased or decreased for an individual pupil by making a written request to me
Click here for further information on Parent Pay or telephone 0161 330 5974
At the present time the school menu is run on a four week rota with a choice of both hot meals and sandwiches.
See below for menus;
Chefs special £2.13 *as of 1st September 2016
Pupils chef special includes either:
•Choice of hot meal and a carton of juice (or small water)
•Choice of hot meal and a dessert