Our main consideration is the
health and safety of all.
Please consider carefully your child travelling to school and only keep children at home if conditions are unsafe for them to travel
You MUST inform school if your child is absent due to severe conditions making the journey unsafe. If your child has a disability and/or learning difficulty your decision to take the journey must take this into consideration.
On occasions, school will need to close and a message will go out via the following lines of communication:
- Social Media:
- Our School Website [www.stdamians.co.uk]
- Facebook page [St Damians RC Science College]
- Twitter account [@StDamiansRCSC]
Please check these sites for up to date information, such as opening times, important messages, pupil work etc.
- Text Message – A text message will go out to parents as soon as practicable. If on the rare occasion school closes at a time within the school day, parents/carers will be informed by text message, therefore it is important to keep your contact details up to date.
- Local Radio – Information is given out on: Key 103, Tameside Radio, GMR, Real Radio, Smooth Radio
**Late opening and/or early closure may be a possibility in poor weather conditions and school will either inform parents the night before or via the above lines of communication**
If conditions worsen in the school day and parents feel it is absolutely necessary to collect children, the school should be contacted prior to collection. Please avoid collecting children before the end of the day unless you feel their safety is at risk.
On occasions, school meal services may be affected by weather conditions so it is a good idea for pupils to bring in extra food and drink.